The ElixirTalk Podcast
Taking questions from around the Elixir community about application design principles and the state of the ecosystem. Ask us a question!
Latest Episode: Episode 161 feat. Todd Resudek (January 24, 2020)
Episode 161 - feat. Todd Resudek
We’re back with another episode of ElixirTalk, this time joined by the one and only Todd Resudek who gives us a run through of his talk at this years EMPEX LA entitled “It’s Time to Embrace Erlang”. Listen in to hear us discuss Todd’s nerve projects (including his recent LiveView Smart Mirror), why Todd thinks learning you some Erlang as an Elixir developer is important, and even about Hollywood Hogan and some other wrestling trivia. This show has it all.
- EMPEX LA: https://empex.co/la
- Intro to Elixir Training: https://ti.to/empex/empex-la-2020
- Todd on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sprsmpl
- SimpleBet: https://www.simplebet.io/
- Building a “Smart Mirror” with Phoenix LiveView: https://medium.com/@toddresudek/building-a-smart-mirror-with-phoenix-liveview-18193ee6438f
- Building a Smart Sprinkler Controller with Nerves - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qklciKp7sD8
- Erlang Crypto module: https://erlang.org/doc/man/crypto.html
- Fred Hebert Advent of Code 2019 in Erlang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqzBchjZw4Q
- Erlang Queue module: https://erlang.org/doc/man/queue.html
- Erlang ETS module: https://erlang.org/doc/man/ets.html
- Erlang Digraph module: https://erlang.org/doc/man/digraph.html
- Learn you some Erlang: https://learnyousomeerlang.com/
- Adopting Erlang: https://adoptingerlang.org/
- Decompile Module: https://github.com/michalmuskala/decompile
- Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang and Elixir: https://propertesting.com/
- Lonestar Elixir Conference: https://lonestarelixir.com/
- CodeBEAM SF 2020: https://codesync.global/conferences/code-beam-sf/
|> Elixir Expertise
Chris and Desmond have over half a decade of combined Elixir experience on dozens of applications in fields such as cryptocurrency, digital media, consumer products, and restaurants. They've deployed apps to Heroku, Linode, and EC2, successfully adopted Elixir at existing organizations, and worked on greenfield projects.
They are organizers of the EMPEX Conferences and big fans of Star Trek.
Desmond is the founder of the EMPEX Conference Series and runs Crevalle, a boutique software consultancy. In his free time he likes to surf, play pinball, and ride his motorcycle, Porco Rosso. He lives in Venice Beach, California.
Chris is an Englishman in New York, where he works as the Director of Engineering at Frame.io, a startup that helps video teams collaborate. An avid alchemist, he is a regular speaker at Elixir conferences and helps organize the NYC branch of EMPEX.
Adopting Elixir at your company? Don't make costly mistakes or spin your wheels while your team ramps up. Our years of experience can help you make the right architectural decisions early and give your team the training they need to get up and running quickly and confidently.
Contact us at info [at] elixirtalk.com for more information.